 |
| Peewee opening his "Fire TRUCK!!!!" from Ashie and Ducka |
Merry Christmas Everyone! We sure hope that you had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Our celebrations actually started last weekend when we had the opportunity to go to St. George to visit our family down south! We sure had a ton of fun with them! We went to lunch, shopped, went to dinner, opened presents, visited Santa, made sugar cookies, watched movies, worked, played, and enjoyed each others company! We sure had a wonderful time and wish that we were closer to all our family so that we could spend more time with all of them. For the actual Christmas Holiday we have been in Ogden with Ashley's family. On Wednesday, her family from California came in and we all ate dinner at the Hahn's (Ashley made enchiladas) and then we went caroling to all the Widows/Widowers in the neighborhood. We ended our night of caroling at Grandma and Grandpa Williamson's and decorated some Gingerbread Men. Santa then stopped by, making a surprise visit! And he came with a special surprise for Dusty! Ashley had previously "spilt the beans" that she had gotten Dusty a trip to Disneyland for Christmas, they were "supposed" to go around his B-day in April... really that was all just a front! And Santa came to break the news and deliver his REAL Christmas Present!!! Just in time to use them the following day!!
 |
| Santa sitting on his lap, delivering a note from Ash that he had been PUNK'D!!!! |
 |
| Santa brought in a ski, Dusty pointing at Ashley saying "YOU!!!!!" |
 |
| Us being cute... Dusty lovin' on the skis... |
|
|
|
Needless to say, he sure was surprised and SUPER excited! (Thanks to Santa's Elves here in Ogden that made this dream a reality while Ash was stuck in Elko...) Since that time, here are some pics of how we have been enjoying our time...
 |
| Thursday Skiing! |
 |
| Friday... More Skiing! Merry Christmas EVE! |
 |
| Above "Cloud Lake" |
 |
| Some Christmas Eve Fondu! SOooOOoooo YUMMY! |
|
|
 |
| Competitive Eating at its FINEST! |
Christmas Day: We got spoiled like no other. We can't believe that we are still on Santa's nice list, but hopefully we stay on it for a couple more years! Santa left us a KICKIN' camera, so y'all can be expecting some awesome pics coming your way as soon as we figure out how to turn it on... hahaha. We figured that out, now if we could just take a picture...
 |
| Waiting at the top of the stairs! Sterling being a creeper... |
Dusty got Ash an AWESOME sewing machine, and she can't wait to get some projects going! We had a wonderful Christmas! WE went skiing with the Fam and then went to dinner at Grandmas house. Yum! Ashley is SO happy that she invested in a helmet for Dusty for Christmas or else we could have been spending the day in the ER...
 |
| Big dent from where Dusty's ski popped up and hit his helmet... |
Just one last thing that I (Ash) would like to leave you with, our own Christmas Miracle. So, I had my company camera with us this weekend to be able to take pics of the fam and the goings on. I had taken it skiing with us on Christmas Day and had it in a Velcro pocket on the inside of my coat. I took a pic of Sterls looking over a FAT drop on the White Room at Snowbasin and then put it in my pocket (the last time I remember seeing it). We got home, and were leaving for Grandma's house when I went to get it out of my coat to take it with us. Could not find it ANYWHERE! I was freaking out! It was not the nicest camera, but it was not mine! I did not want to replace it! I figured that I just had put it in the truck and I could look for it after dinner. I said a prayer, still felt a little worried, but felt like it was going to be okay. Not that I was going to find it, but that everything would be okay. When we got home I started looking for it. And not just me, mind you, but my whole family. We could not find it anywhere. I started to cry, of course! And not just because I thought I was going to have to replace a camera, but all the lost memories. I tried to sit down and just forget about it and be calm, but I just had this feeling I needed to keep looking, not sure where, but just to keep looking. So, I did! I started picking up things, looking in the craziest places, and thats when I found it. Underneath my Dad's coat hanging on the treadmill. WAHOO! I know it is a simple little thing, finding a camera, prayers are answered. I know our Heavenly Father hears even the simplest of prayers and is concerned about all the little things that we let ourselves be concerned about too. He worries when we worry, He is happy when we are happy. He loves us. And I am grateful that I was able to experience just one more little reminder of His love on the day we celebrate the GREATEST miracle of all, our Savior Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment